KCET is also known as Karnataka Common Entrance Test. Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA) conducts this entrance exam every year under the aegis of Karnataka University. Karnataka CET Exam is a state level entrance exam organized for providing admissions in Engineering, Pharmacy, and Architecture offered by colleges and institutions located in the state. Hence, the various full-time undergraduate courses that students will get admissions through this KEA CET Exam are MBBS/ BDS (Medical/ Dental), BAMS, BUMS, BHYS & BHMS, B.E./ B.Tech, B. Arch, BSc., etc. The above courses are offered by both Government assisted and private educational institutions of the Karnataka state and complete details available in kea.kar.nic.in
KCET 2017 Notification, Karnataka CET Online Application, KEA Karnataka CET Syllabus & Exam Pattern, KCET Exam Previous Papers, Answer Key, Karnataka CET Exam Analysis, etc. are mentioned in detail below. Here you can find all the stuff required to prepare for this top entrance exam for the academic year 2017-18. Check Official Website kea.kar.nic.in for more details.
KCET 2017 Exam Overview
|Exam Name||Karnataka Common Entrance Test (KCET).|
|Board Name||Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA).|
|Exam Level||State level.|
|Application Mode||Online Only.|
|Notification Releasing date||24th January 2017.|
|Starting Date to apply||27th January 2017.|
|Last date to apply||27th February 2017.|
|Last date for payment of fee||2nd March 2017.|
|Admit card release Date||Last week of April 2017.|
|KCET Exam Date||2nd, 3rd, 4th May 2017.|
|Karnataka CET Exam timings||10.30 AM to 11.50 AM
2.30 PM to 3.50 PM
|Release of Final Answer Key||4th May 2017.|
|Results release date||30th May 2017.|
|KCET 2017 Counselling Date||1st June to 23rd June 2017.|
Karnataka CET Exam 2017
KCET Exam held once in a year, i.e., in the month of May every year. In addition, the online application of Karnataka CET starts in the month of January. However, for the course of architecture, one should pass the test of NATA taken by the National Aptitude Test in Architecture. But in this Karnataka CET Exam, students from only Karnataka state allowed. Hence, the students of other states can apply for COMEDK exam that provides admissions in various private Engineering, Dental and Medical Colleges.
The CET exam was held in four sessions over a period of two days. On the first day, Biology and Mathematics papers were conducted. Whereas on the second day, Physics and Chemistry papers held. Another date reserved for Kannada Language Test for Horanadu and Gadinadu Kannadiga candidates.
About Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA)
The Karnataka Government has established Common Entrance Test Cell in the year 1994 for conducting the Entrance Test and determining the eligibility/ merit, for admission of Karnataka candidates and the wards of Jammu & Kashmir migrants. In the year 2006, the cell was converted into an autonomous body called “Karnataka Examinations Authority” (KEA) under Societies Registration Act 1960.
Courses Offered for Kar CET Exam
The courses offered for the Karnataka CET 2017 Exam are
Eligibility Criteria of KCET Exam 2017
The age limit for this KCET Exam is 17 years. Candidates should have completed
- B.E/ B. Tech: Candidates should complete 2nd PUC/12th Std or an Equivalent Examination with minimum 45% Marks in Physics and Mathematics with Chemistry/ Biology.
- MBBS or BDS: Candidates should pass in 2nd PUC/12th Std or an Equivalent test with the minimum of 50% marks in the Physics, Chemistry, Biology subjects.
- BAMS, BUMS, BNYS & BHMS: Candidates should complete 2nd PUC/12th Std or an Equivalent test with minimum 50% marks in the Physics, Chemistry, Biology subjects.
- B. Arch: Candidates should clear Inter/12th Std or an Equivalent test with minimum 50% marks in all the subjects and needs to study Mathematics as a compulsory subject.
- B. V. Sc. & A.H: Candidates should complete 12th Std/2nd PUC or an Equivalent qualification with minimum 50% Marks in Physics, Chemistry, Biology subjects.
- B.Pharm: Candidates should pass 12th Std/Inter or equivalent with English and should get minimum 45% Marks in Physics, Chemistry, Biology subjects or PCM subjects.
- For 2nd Year B. Pharma (Lateral Entry): Candidates should complete Diploma in Pharmacy with minimum 45% Marks from an educational institution approved by the Pharmacy Examination Council of India.
- D Pharma Qualification: Candidates should clear 2nd PUC/12th Std or equivalent with minimum 45% Marks in Physics, Chemistry, Biology subjects or PCM subjects. Also, you need to qualify for Diploma in Pharmacy test from an educational institution approved by the Pharmacy Council of India.
- For B.Sc. (Agriculture/ Sericulture/ Forestry/ Horticulture/ Agri. Biotech), B. H. Sc.(Home Science), B. Tech.(Food Science & Tech.), b. Tech.(Food Technology), and B. Tech in Agriculture or B.Sc.(Ag Marketing and Co-operation): Candidates should complete 12th Std/2nd PUC or an Equivalent qualification in Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and Mathematics.
KCET Syllabus & Exam Pattern 2017
Aspirants who had applied for this CET Exam can start your preparation as early as possible. Before starting your preparation, you can have a look at the Karnataka CET Syllabus. Also, know CET Karnataka Exam Structure. So that, plan for the preparation according to the Exam Pattern and give priority for the heavyweight topics.
Karnataka CET Previous Papers
Download the KCET Last 10 Years Question Papers pdf and use these model papers as a reference for your exam preparation. The link will provide you Pdf of Karnataka CET Old Question Papers along with the Answers.
We provide the latest information regarding the KCET 2017 Counselling. Know Karnataka CET Counselling Process and Dates after getting your result. To get admission in the required college, you have to attend for the KEA CET Counselling. For more details, go through the following link.